Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera) DIY grafting experiment

This was a quick experiment to see if I could graft a chirstmas cactus (Schlumbergera) to an Epiphyllum. No idea if this will work or if these are compatible plants. Of note I am doing this in December while I have read it is better done in spring.

I did this with a very sharp knife and a piece of scotch tape. I found it easier to cut the scion (the top part of the final product) first then trace it to get the exact matching shape on the stock (the bottom part of the final product). I them matched them up as well as i could and taped them in place.


4 comments:

  1. It should work beautifully. I've done it before with great success (until I left it outside to freeze). Pretty much any cactus can be grafted onto any cactus without a problem(assuming the vascular bundles line up appropriately). I've seen some really cool christmas cactus grafts on tall, thin stemmed cacti so that it makes a weeping standard. In fact I think you've inspired me to do this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was googling how to do this and was wondering if you were successful.
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was googling how to do this and was wondering if you were successful.
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. บริการ สล็อต slot ด้วยระบบเกมใหม่ปัจจุบันของพวกเรา ได้ปรับปรุงแก้ไขให้มีความเสถียรภาพมากยิ่งขึ้น PG SLOT เล่นสล็อตผ่านมือถือ ก็ไม่มีหลุด เล่นได้ทุกระบบปฏิบัติการ จะเล่นโทรศัพท์มือถือเครื่องไหน คอมจำพวกใด

    ReplyDelete

i'm not here right now but leave a message and i will get back to you as soon as possible.